Toddlers are easily attracted to things that make a sound. It comes as no surprise that they enjoy musical instruments. Whereas you as a parent will probably shudder at the thought of equipping your little one with a drum set (for obvious reasons), but there is actually a good reason to do so. Here are a few benefits.
- It can teach your kids discipline - Learning an instrument is not an easy task. As any other skill you want to acquire in life, it requires patience and persistence. Unless you are devoted to it, you won't be able to master it. Likewise, your children will learn to be patient and disciplined. They will understand that if they don't spend time practicing, they won't be able to learn the instrument. If they want to succeed, they will have to dedicate some time to it.
- Your children will build confidence - No matter how advanced they are, they will be proud of their progress. Even if they are not extremely successful at learning the instrument, your kids will build confidence. Mastering a new skill is always an opportunity to learn new things, no matter how old you are.
- This is a great opportunity for your children to make new friends - Children are exposed to instruments in Preschool, Kindergarten, and elementary school. Many move on to play a musical instrument in high school. When they grow up, they can join music clubs and meet other people with common interests. There are a few things that can bring people together and music is among them. Your children will be able to build social skills. Children want to communicate with their peers too. Consider inviting other parents with their kids so that they can show off their skills and socialize.
- Music is a stress-reliever - Unless you listen to gloomy songs, music can lift your spirits and relieve stress. The same thing will happen to your kids. Don't disregard your children's dramas. Anyone at any age has problems. No matter how inconspicuous your kid's problems might seem to you, to them they are pretty stressful. Children have many fears. Learning an instrument can take their mind off the drama. Before they start worrying about bad grades and problems with peers they will learn that there are many great ways to shake stress away and music is one of them. If you are lucky enough, they will choose to play the piano or the guitar over the drums.
- Here are a few to consider buying - A pair of rhythm sticks, maracas and classic xylophone seem very appropriate for your toddler. There is even a complete band available if you want to buy your small one more than one instrument.
- Music is great. It is food for the soul - There are no disadvantages of good music. It has a whole host of beneficial effects on living creatures. For example, in human beings, it is shown that relaxing music can lower blood pressure and is good for the heart. Music can make you dance. Everybody enjoys music. No doubt your small one will too.
Most toddlers have short attention spans. They may get bored quickly, but is wise to encourage your children to take up a hobby. This will help them discover what they like doing and what they don't. Nobody knows if they will enjoy a particular activity unless they give it a try. Someday your kids will thank you.